Selecting the WordPress page template when creating your importer gives you control to select which data within your xml or csv file that links to specific wordpress page fields.
Page Template fields can be enabled / disabled via the settings tab, by default only the core page fields are displayed which are explained below.
- Title – Set the page title.
- Content – Set the page content, normally the main content of a page.
- Excerpt – Set the page excerpt, preview text snippet of the page.
- Slug – Manually set the slug, otherwise it is generated based on the page title.
- Status – Set the page status from the dropdown of available statuses.
- Author – Set the page author from a dropdown of WordPress Users.
- Allow Comments – Set if the page has comments enabled.
- Allow Pingbacks – Set if the page allows pinkbacks.
- Page Template – Set the page template from a dropdown of available page templates.
Page Template settings are accessed via the Settings tab within the section labeled “Template Fields: Page” under the Settings tab, here you can enable extra fields, and modify certian import settings.
Once a field has been enabled, it will be displayed on the fields tab.
- Enable ID Field – Allow the use of the Page ID field.
- Enable Post Status Field – Change the page status field from a dropdown to a text field allowing you customise it.
- Enable Author Field – Change the page author field from a dropdown to a text field allowing you to set if manually, you can set if its being populated by a user id, login, email.
- Enable Parent Field – Change the page parent field from a dropdown to a text field allowing you to set if manually, you can set if its being populated by a page id, slug, name, or reference column.
- Enable Order Field – Allow the use of the Page order field.
- Enable Password Field – Allow the use of the Page password field.
- Enable Date Field – Allow the use of the Page order field.
- Enable Comment Field – Change the page comment field from a dropdown to a text field allowing you customise it.
- Enable Ping Field – Change the page ping field from a dropdown to a text field allowing you customise it.
- Enable Template Field – Change the page template field from a dropdown to a text field allowing you customise it.
Page Custom Fields
Custom fields allow you to import extra page data which your theme or plugins may use, this could be sub headings, or search engine keywords/descriptions for SEO plugins.
Custom fields keys are manually entered, or can be populated via a predefined list of popular values.
Page taxonomies allow you to import categories and custom taxonomies that are linked to your pages, if your plugin or theme registeres any taxonomies the Taxonomies tab will appear allowing you to setup as many taxonomies as nessessary for your import.
Page attachments allow you to import attachments such as images, a featured image, pdfs, and any other item accepted by your WordPress media gallery. Attachments can be fetched from a local folder, remote url, or from a ftp server.