Documentation / Importer Templates
WordPress User Importer Template
Selecting the WordPress user template when creating your importer gives you control to select which data within your xml or csv file that links to specific WordPress user fields.
User Template fields can be enabled / disabled via the settings tab, by default only the core user fields are displayed which are explained below.
- ID –
- Username – Set the users username, this has to be a unique for each user.
- Email – Set the users email address, this has to be a unique for each user.
- First Name – Set the users first name.
- Last Name – Set the users last name.
- Website – Set the users website link.
- Role – Select the user via a dropdown containing the list of possible roles.
- Password – Set the users password.
- Nicename – Set the users nicename.
- Display Name – Set the users Display Name.
- Description – Set the users description.
- Enable user notifications – Enable/Disable the default WordPress new user email notification to be sent when each user is imported.
- Generate user password – Generate a new password for the user that will be sent out to the user.
User Custom Fields
Custom fields allow you to import extra user data which your theme or plugins may use, this could be shipping/billing addresses for ecommerce websites, or search engine text for SEO plugins.
Custom fields keys are manually entered, or can be populated via a predefined list of popular values.